xffm

Daichi Kawahata daichi.k at aioros.ocn.ne.jp
Fri Jul 22 19:44:27 CEST 2005

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 19:36:01 -0500
Edscott Wilson Garcia wrote:

> In the upcoming release (4.3.3) you will be able to toggle
> between single click navigation and double click navigation
> by means of the xfce-mcs-manager (or by using an environment
> variable if the mcs-manager is not running). The release is
> scheduled for this month, but it might be delayed until August.

I may explain where the single-click idea came from, as you've
said before if my memory isn't wrong, it's the xfce4-panel that
is located at central place in the Xfce, in which user invokes
a program with single-click over an icon.

The xfce-setting-show also goes with single-click, so as for me,
the more I'm familiar with those single-click actions, the more
I'd expect single-click operation everywhere I see clickable icon.
Although the Xfce applications (in core repository) which have
clickable icons are xfce4-panel, xfce-setting-show, xffm and
probably thunar.

By the way, running latest Xffm, I've noticed startup time and
directory change are getting improved, keep your great efforts.

Regards,
--
Daichi