Shutdown is too easy

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Wed Jul 20 16:40:19 CEST 2005

cathayan wrote:

>i have only one way too: exit xfce4. but before i upgraded from 4.0.6
>to 4.2, there are 3 options, and i can reboot or shutdown computer
>from xfce4. i don't know why.
>
>i am using debian unstable, xfce 4.2.2, xorg.
>
>the quit window shown in the attached image.

ummm in case you are wondering: no almost none of us can make sense of
that screenshot (we only speek one or some of the western/european
languages)... You're not going to get much help that way.

second of all: the session manager tries to figure out whether SUDO is
installed so that a normal user can call shutdown. If this is the case
then the 'reboot' and 'shutdown' options are enabled.

if you want them removed then you just need to disable the option for
users to run 'shutdown' through sudo, that's all.

sofar