Xfmedia 0.8.0 released!

Don Christensen djc at cisco.com
Thu Jul 14 20:14:20 CEST 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> roger wrote:
>
>>... However I don't think this thread has been useless: we learned a few
>>things (list not exhaustive) in there:
>>- Do not ask questions too dumb. In its original post ZephyrQ could have been
>>more precise, e.g. <<Sorry I'm at work right now and my company doesn't
>>provide Internet access, just email. At home my connection's been down for a
>>couple of days>>
>>- There are some patient (Erik) and good (e.g. Gavin) souls in this world
>>- We learned of very interesting links (Brian)
>

> The link has been on the xfce.org links page forever, and we've had this
> kind of discussion earlier already. So it's questionable if people
> really learn from such threads.
>
> Benedikt

We have learned one thing (at least hopefully):

Don't ask questions like "What is XYZ?".

Instead, ask questions like "I googled XYZ and found <stuff>, but I
am still confused about <other stuff>".

Everyone on the list will then respect the fact that you put in at
least a little effort trying to help yourself before expecting others
to take their time.

-Don

--
Don Christensen       Senior Software Development Engineer
djc at cisco.com         Cisco Systems, Santa Cruz, CA