xfce panel forgets -

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Tue Jul 12 14:12:22 CEST 2005

On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 08:01:19AM -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:

> Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>
> >On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 05:38:32AM -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> >

> >>I add items to the "xfce panel" to launch app's like Audacity, etc. and
> >>then if I shutdown/reboot the changes are gone! I seem to be missing
> >>something?
> >>
> >>I am running xfce 4.2.2-1.fc4.i386 in newly installed FC-4.  This was an
> >>occasional problem in FC-3 but this morning I lost all I set up yesterday?
> >>
> >>Any help appreciated.
> >>

> >Hmm, I don't know. Do you log out of Xfce using the session manager
> >
> I simply "shutdown."
>
> "Session Manager,"  What's that and where do I find it?

If you simply type shutdown in a terminal or console you kill the panel, which
will cause changes to not be saved. This was introduced to avoid being unable
to start the panel after you added a plugin that crashes.

So, if you are not using the xfce session manager, you can restart the panel
after making changes either from the right-click menu on a panel handle, or by
sending a USR1 signal (pkill -USR1 xfce4-panel).

	Jasper

PS
Please don't CC me on list mail.