Lost Panel

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jul 7 16:15:17 CEST 2005

   I'm running 4.2.1 here. When I invoked 'startx' this morning (an alias for
startxfce4), everything but the panel came up. In the years I've run Xfce
I've not seen this behavior before. How do I get the panel back?

   In the meantime, double clicking on the root window allows me to navigate
from virtual desktop to virtual desktop, but the panel is quicker and more
efficient.

   Nothing in /var/log/Xorg.log looks out of place, and
~/.config/xfce4/xinitrc hasn't changed for a month or so. I'm stymied. Help
appreciated.

TIA,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President      | Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)  | Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"