I'm gonna kill Nautilus!

Paul Tansom paul at aptanet.com
Fri Jul 1 13:17:18 CEST 2005

OK, I started Nautilus by mistake today (clicked on an ftp link in
Evolution) and it kicked off the whole desktop thing that it provides.
I'd forgotten I had it installed, and because I don't have Gnome it is
largely useless because in spite from having brought in loads of bits
with it in terms of requirements, it still lacks chunks of
configuration.

Anyway, before I purge the thing off my system I need to repair the
damage it has done. Basically it put a bitmap on my backdrop and refuses
to relinquish control. I have killed the processes and restarted XFCE,
but it appears to have modified a config file somewhere, and changing
the XFCE settings for the background have no impact at all.

Does anyone know off hand what file Nautilus will have changed/added?

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com/