[UBUNTU] update-notifier: system tray problem?

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Mon Jan 31 23:14:01 CET 2005

I've just switched to Ubuntu and have noticed that the program
`update-notifier` (a small system tray app to check for package updates
via Synaptic) has some problems with the system tray: when there are
updates, the icon shows and there is what looks like a space for another
icon next to it; when there are not, there is what looks space for two
icons in the system tray.  Can anyone else confirm this?

I'm assuming this is an application problem; can anyone else confirm
that?

Thanks,
Andrew