Installing 4.2

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Mon Jan 31 18:39:40 CET 2005

James Lee wrote:

> I googled and found that there was a bug 724 that is filed
> about nfs mounted home directories (which is what I am on on
> Solaris) against xfce_mkdirhier(). Is there a workaround for
> this? I would like this to work, since my old installation
> is now gone.
>
> Thanks a lot.

Without actually knowing anything about this issue, you should be able
to make this work by putting something that causes the homedir to be
automounted in your .xinitrc, .xsession, .config/xfce4/xinitrc or
whatever other startup script you use, before it runs xfce4-session.
Maybe 'ls $HOME > /dev/null' would do that?

	Jasper