xfdesktop not loading or overrun by Gnome

Paul M. Bucalo pmbuc at pmbservices.com
Mon Jan 31 18:18:39 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 12:02, Marc Schwartz wrote:

> You need to kill both
>
> pkill evolution-womba
> pkill evolution-alarm
>
> Note that the names are truncated

Got it. Thanks...

> I think that at least some of the the error messages are referring to
> some known problems with GTK2 themes that use the SVG engine and/or SVG
> image files. Seems to me that I recall something about that from past
> posts.

I did install SmoothGNOME at an earlier time and found that it messed up
when I used that theme. I have since not used it, even made the changes
in gconf. I wonder if it's still hacking away at my sanity as I write.
:0)

> At this point, the easiest thing to do would be to delete the session
> files as I indicate above, being sure to NOT save the session at logout.
> This should also take care of the Evo problem.

Done and worked!

> With Evo, you need to be careful if you run it, exit it and then logout
> of Xfce, saving the session. The two mentioned components of Evo will
> not be stopped upon exiting the main app and will therefore restart each
> time you login, if you have saved the session at logout.

I will keep this in mind.

To All: If anyone else is using Evo 1.4.x under XFce 4.2 and with the
alarm notify feature, I would like to know your results.

> Let me know on the above.

Thanks again for the help, Marc

Paul