fedora core 3, xfce and firefox

Richard Hubbell richard.hubbell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 06:42:53 CET 2005

I just installed fedora core 3, I did a basic install and only have
xdm and xfce. I did not install gnome or kde.  I have used kde in the
past but it's just gotten too big for what I need.  My problem is that
firefox will not run.  I was wondering if any users here might have
had the same problem?  Since I suspect other xfce users are also linux
minimalists. i.e. just install the bare essentials.

I also tried building my own firefox but could not.
I also tried running firefox1.0 after downloading but could not get
that working without having to install more libraries.   I haven't got
too far so maybe I need to find some other browser.

BTW I really like xfce so far, it's just so much snappier on my older,
slower box.

Richard