xfdesktop menu feature request

Jaap Karssenberg j.g.karssenberg at student.utwente.nl
Sun Jan 30 22:46:28 CET 2005

L.S.

Something I would really like is to have detachable sub menus in the
desktop menu. This is something some of the *box window managers have. I
tend to use it a lot to have a set of tools related to whatever I'm
doing at that moment in a "menu window" that doesn't disappear as soon
as I click something else.

I tend to have a minimal panel on my desktop with just the taskbar,
clock and volume plugins (the taskbar without labels showing all
desktops) but without launchers etc. I use either xfrun or the desktop
menu to execute programs, now if only the menu had an option to behave
like a normal window (like a rip-off bar on the top you can click to
make it a normal window) I would be completely set up the way I like it.

--
    )   (     Jaap Karssenberg || Pardus [Larus]                | |0| |
    :   :     http://pardus-larus.student.utwente.nl/~pardus    | | |0|