weird screen border problem on 4.2

Net Llama! netllama at linux-sxs.org
Fri Jan 28 22:54:55 CET 2005

I just upgraded from 4.0.6 to 4.2 on a RH9 box using the official RH9
RPMs.  All is well except for one strange problem.

My mouse pointer does not seem to get recognized when i move it to the
extreme top or bottom of my screen.  For example, i have the task bar
running in auto-hide mode, and if i move the mouse to the very bottom of
the screen the task bar never pops up.  However, if i move it to just a
pixel or 3 above the bottom, then it registers and the task bar pops up as
expected.  I have the same problem at the top of my screen where i have
some terminal windows parked up there all the time (with snap-to screen
edge turned on).  If i try to click on the bar to bring a window forward,
or middle click to send it back it only works if i am a pixel or 3 below
the top.

This used to work perfectly in 4.0.6, and the odd thing is that it works
fine on my FC3 boxes.  Its driving me crazy, because i can't just do what
i need to do, I have to think about how far i move my mouse.

Anyone else seeing this, or have any suggestions on what is wrong?

Lonni J Friedman                                netllama at linux-sxs.org
Linux Step-by-step & TyGeMo                  http://netllama.ipfox.com