Get rid of taskbar?

Fri Jan 28 05:35:18 CET 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 23:14 -0500, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
> That did it.  However, when I first installed xfce4 4.2 I did not have the
> save session enabled and I did have the xftaskbar commented out but it
> still ran.  It would be nice to have an option in the taskbar part of the
> settings since commenting it out didn't help.
>
> Thanks.

Happy to help.

Did you upgrade from 4.0.6 and perhaps had the alpha/beta version of the
session manager installed or perhaps from a 4.2 RC or CVS version with
the session manager?

It's been a while since I ran a pre-4.2 version (seems like forever),
but unless I am missing something, it sounds like there was a saved
session configuration file someplace that was carried over to your new
4.2 installation.

I think that it would have been in the ~/.xfce4 tree someplace.

Everything (except for the weather plug-in I think) is using the
~/.config tree now. Stuff is moved over during the install if my memory
is correct.

Marc