Macromedia Flash Player 7.0 Plugin - Erik Harrison

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 18:00:23 CET 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:46:18 +0000, TP Reitzel <tpreitzel at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Erik -
>
> Yep, you're right about X Org's composite extension. I had it enabled in
> their configuration file, xorg.conf. You're also right that I'm using Pat's
> latest version of xfce 4.2, -2 package. It doesn't appear that Pat enabled
> the compositor in xfwm4. Assuming he didn't, then why does Macromedia's
> FlashPlayer on fvwm95 run properly and not on xfce 4.2 with X's composite
> extension enabled? I hope that this message is still logical as I've been up
> for more than 36 hours again. I really do need to get more sleep. Anyway,
> problem is now solved by disabling X's composite extension and I thank ALL
> of you for your valuable time.

Not sure, honestly. It may be a bug with bits of the compositor on
regardless? I dunno.

I'm betting that it's a wm+composite+driver+flash interaction. Since
it is repeatable, and you have a fix, consider putting a bug in
bugzilla perhaps.

Should we FAQ this?

> BED time.. In about 30 more minutes :)))

CAPS LOCK: ITS LIKE THE CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME
-Erik