Window management stuff

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Wed Jan 26 12:30:43 CET 2005

Igor Sutton Lopes wrote:

> Hi folks.
>
> I've been using metacity as window manager for a while, and it has an
> interesting feature I never saw in another window manager before. The
> fixed width font application (e.g. xterm, aterm) are really maximized,
> i.e its borders are always on the edge of screen when maximized. Is
> that a difficult thing to implement in xfwm4?

This is already implemented as far as I can see. When you press Alt-F11
in xfwm4 it enlarges the client area of a window so that the window
borders no longer are visible (even the title bar is gone). This works
with all windows, so even terminals. The font size of those terminals is
not adjusted, but no borders can be seen, and works with xterm aterm
etc. well.

sofar