cycling to the panel via the alt+tab

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Mon Jan 24 14:00:09 CET 2005

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 04:08:13AM -0800, Charles McLaughlin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently switched from Gnome to xfce4 and I'm loving it!  It makes my
> 700mhz laptop feel much faster.
>
> I'd like to access the panel using the keyboard.  I found some
> instructions on the web that say to add 'cycle_minimum=false' to my
> ~/.xfce4/xfwm4rc file.  I tried that and the panel still does not show
> when I press alt+tab.  I also added that option to my
> ~/.config/xfce4/xfwm4/xfwm4rc file and that didn't work either.

I'm afraid it is no longer possible to focus the panel using the keyboard.
This is part of several changes that, at least in my opinion, improve focus
behaviour of the panel. I believe the panel is really designed as a mouse
interface.

For keyboard usage other interfaces may be more useful, such as the run dialog
(with command completion) and opening the menu from a keyboard shortcut.
Unfortunatly this last option doesn't seem to work properly and we have not
found the cause of this problem yet.

	Jasper