XFCE at kiosk mode

Elisio Catana ecatana at hal.min-saude.pt
Mon Jan 24 10:28:40 CET 2005

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> Elisio Catana wrote:
>
>> I want distribute to all users, one configuration customized of my
>> xfce, using this at kiosk mode, but i have a problem.
>>    if i modify the configuration at /etc/xdg/xfce, all users use this
>> configuraction, but already its created a directory at user path
>> named .config, and this directory its a copy of /etc/xdg and all
>> modifications at /etc/xdg are unused.
>> if i need modify any option, this option don't is updated.
>

> that's not correct.  there are no kiosk files created in ~/.config
> automatically (in fact, there are no kiosk files created automatically
> at all).  the ones in /etc/xdg will be used if none exist in ~/.config.
>
>    -brian

Sorry, but i have already deleted the directory .config and when i login
again that directory its created again.
The directory contains only one directory xfce4/mcs_settings. At this
directory have 15 xml files.
At this files its defined all settings about display, colors etc.., and
if i want modify any property to all users, i need delete this files to
all users???

I try create a link .config at home user to /etc/xdg but fails.

/(xfce-mcs-manager:1212): libxfce4mcs-CRITICAL **: Unable to open file
/home/teste/.config/xfce4/mcs_settings/panel.xml.tmp to store channel
"xfce" to: Permission denied
Extra content at the end of the document

(xfce-mcs-manager:1212): libxfce4mcs-CRITICAL **: Unable to open file
/home/teste/.config/xfce4/mcs_settings/xfwm4.xml.tmp to store channel
"xfwm4" to: Permission denied

/Can you helpme about this ???

Thanks

--
Elísio Catana
ecatana at hal.min-saude.pt

Divisão de Informática e Telecomunicações
Tel: 272 000 155
Fax: 272 000 257
email: informatica at hal.min-saude.pt

Hospital Amato Lusitano