system menu

Ondrej Mihalyi mihalyi at matfyz.cz
Sun Jan 23 10:36:19 CET 2005

So, is it at least possible to find out which button/option in system menu runs which command?  I'm sometimes confused, what does 'screeen reader and magnifyer', 'ATI control', 'ADSL configuration' mean.
I know it's mainly gnome stuff, but I'd like to have an idea about what's going to be run, when I click on those and it bothers me, when I have to launch it first and then type ps ax into console to see what's running.

I'd like to have that feature, if it's not too much, that if I right click on a program in a desktop menu, a simple a popup with informations would appear, something like in appfinder.

It would be also nice, if there was in that popup and option to launch xfce-menueditor with editting dialog immediately open for that program, but I think that would need a slight modification of command line options for the menu editor to start directly edit some item in menu.

I believe it's not difficult to code what I prooposed, I would've tried to do it myself, if I knew the code for both apps.

Cheers,

Ondrej