Problems when try use XFce4 at kiosk mode

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Jan 21 20:41:07 CET 2005

Elisio Catana wrote:

> Thanks, it works.
> But now, when i try configure the panel and Desktop menu to my
> configuraction, the Desktop menu disapears, and i don't understand why?
> The file os Desktop menu its located at
> ~user/.config/xfce4/desktop/menu.xml, when i edit this file with
> xfce4-menueditor, all works fine, but the Desktop menu don't appear
> when click on mouse button.
>
> Can you helpme??

the intention here is that xfdesktop will *only* use the systemwide menu
file ($sysconfdir/xdg/xfce4/desktop/menu.xml) when kiosk mode is
enabled.  presumably, this file is only writable by root, and so the
unmodifiable-ness of the menu is guaranteed.  xfdesktop *will not* even
look at the menu.xml in the homedir if kiosk mode is active for the
particular user.

    -brian