Problems when try use XFce4 at kiosk mode

Elisio Catana ecatana at hal.min-saude.pt
Fri Jan 21 10:50:33 CET 2005

Elisio Catana wrote:

> Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 10:28:07AM +0000, Elisio Catana wrote:
>>

>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I have already installed the XFce 4.2 at my computer, but when i try
>>> use this at kiosk mode, (create file kioskrc at /etc/xdg/kiosk), but
>>> when i try login again, nothing, and i can modify or edit all options.
>>>
>>> Can anyome tellme how i can install XFce4 at kiosk mode and disable
>>> all options.
>>> I want use this to install at all my thin clients, but the
>>> definictions cannot be modified.
>>>

>> First of all, it's /etc/xdg/xfce4/kiosk/kioskrc, just to make sure.
>> Secondly
>> can you attach your kioskrc? Maybe then we can see what's wrong.
>>
>>     Jasper
>>

> sorry about the location, my file it located at
> /etc/xdg/xfce4/kiosk/kioskrc and i the file just contains:
>    [xfce4-panel]
>    CustomizePanel=root

Thanks, it works.
But now, when i try configure the panel and Desktop menu to my
configuraction, the Desktop menu disapears, and i don't understand why?
The file os Desktop menu its located at
~user/.config/xfce4/desktop/menu.xml, when i edit this file with
xfce4-menueditor, all works fine, but the Desktop menu don't appear when
click on mouse button.

Can you helpme??

--
Elísio Catana
ecatana at hal.min-saude.pt

Divisão de Informática e Telecomunicações
Tel: 272 000 155
Fax: 272 000 257
email: informatica at hal.min-saude.pt

Hospital Amato Lusitano