ANNOUNCE: Mousepad 0.1.0

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 17:44:51 CET 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:37:17 +0100, Benedikt Meurer
<benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:
> Andrew Conkling wrote:

> >> I agree. Being Fast and responsive is most important.
> >
> > gVim is and it's packed with features.
>
> While I agree that VIM is probably is the fastet and featureful editor
> (yes, emacs is featureful as well, but IMHO not that fast), its not
> suited for the usual desktop user.
>
> BTW: Concerning syntax highlightning, there's GtkSourceView already.
> Adding an optional dependency on GtkSourceView (for people that actually
> want syntax highlightning) looks way better to me, than hacking
> something of your own. Just my 0.02€... ;-)

Actually, we've (as in, Tarot did it, and I inherited it) copied and
pasted some GtkSourceView internals to do stuff like line numbers.
This is what I want to clean up and consolidate (we have some gedit_*
functions as well). This may result in making it very easy to swap out
for GtkSourceView at compile time.

We shall see.

> Benedikt

CAPS LOCK: ITS LIKE THE CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME
-Erik