ANNOUNCE: Mousepad 0.1.0

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Jan 19 21:02:51 CET 2005

Moritz Heiber wrote:

>On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:48:57 -0700
>Matt Thompson <thompsma at jilau1.colorado.edu> wrote:
>

>>I'll third it.  Of course, you only need to provide highlighting for
>>Fortran 95 and zsh.  Nothing else is needed.
>>

>Nah .. you're missing 'Fourdan'ish' there .. we definitely need syntax
>highlighting for that. 8-)

yzah!

to actually be on topic, i'm *not* in favor of adding syntax
highlighting to mousepad.  i just don't think that's the point of it.
use something less lightweight if you need highlighting.  mousepad
should be for jotting down random notes, editing config files, stuff
like that.  you don't need highlighting.  hell, the code for doing just
syntax highlighting would likely be half the size of the current codebase.

    -b