xfce 4.2 Fedora Core 2 problem

John Meadows john at meadowsonline.com
Tue Jan 18 00:02:19 CET 2005

Hi again Brian:

I ran the bt and got this:

gdb xfdesktop
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.0post-0.20040223.19rh)
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux-gnu"...(no debugging
symbols found
)...Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) handle SIGPIPE nostop
Signal        Stop      Print   Pass to program Description
SIGPIPE       No        Yes     Yes             Broken pipe
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/xfdesktop
Error while mapping shared library sections:
: Success.
Error while reading shared library symbols:
: No such file or directory.
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no
debugging symb
ols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols
[...]
(no debugging symbols found)...Error while reading shared library symbols:
: No such file or directory.
Error while reading shared library symbols:
: No such file or directory.
(no debugging symbols found)...Error while reading shared library symbols:
: No such file or directory.
Error while reading shared library symbols:
: No such file or directory.
(no debugging symbols found)...Error while reading shared library symbols:
: No such file or directory.
Error while reading shared library symbols:
: No such file or directory.
Error while reading shared library symbols:
: No such file or directory.

0x0804f33e in set_imgfile_root_property ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0804f33e in set_imgfile_root_property ()
#1  0x0804fd18 in load_initial_settings ()
#2  0x0805070c in xfce_desktop_new ()
#3  0x0804d155 in main ()

I am downloading the source now to try compiling (I originally tried the
graphical installer)

Thanks again for your help!

John