xfce 4.2 Fedora Core 2 problem Response to 012342

John Meadows john at meadowsonline.com
Mon Jan 17 22:02:45 CET 2005

I am using the GUI installer.

>/ I have tried installing/uninstalling xfce 4.2 a couple of times today,
/>/ but I keep getting the following issue: xfce loads up ok, except for the
/>/ desktop manager; when I run xfdesktop (so I can get my right click menu
/>/ working on the desktop), I get a segmentation fault error every time.
/
How are you installing it? RPM's? The GUI installer from os-cillation?

>/
/>/ I am not sure what to try next (googling didn't find much of use), or
/>/ what other info I should be providing.
/>/
/>/ Any pointers or assistance would be most appreciated -- thanks in advance!
/>/
/>/ Xfce mailing list
/>/ Xfce at xfce.org <http://lunar-linux.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce>