changing desktops

Olivier FOURDAN fourdan.olivier at wanadoo.fr
Thu Feb 24 13:53:57 CET 2005

Hi

> I cannot find any option to disable feature when desktops are changing
> after I "touch" the border of screen. It's good feature but
> sometimes it's a bit annoying. is it possible to disable it?

Peggey alredy gave an answer for that in a separate mail, it's in the setting manager.

> Another a bit strange behavior for me has taskbar or panel after
> enabling autohide option. when I put mouse cursor at the screen border
> where the panel/taskbar should be, it doesn't pop
> up. I have to aim with mouse cursor a pixel or two from the screen
> border to make it pop up - the cursor point must be exactly pointing
> the minimized taskbar/panel. is it normal behavior?

This is actually related. To be able to detect when the mouse reaches a screen edge reliably, the window manager manitains a 1 pix wide invisible window at each side of the screen.

These windows prevent the taskbar or the panel to actually receive the events when the mouse reaches the screen edge...

By disabling the switch workspace when the pointer reaches a screen edge,the window manager will not use the tiny invisible windows and autohide will work as expected.

HTH
Olivier.