icon themes

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Feb 23 02:08:21 CET 2005

Jason Keltz wrote:

> I can't really seem to find much information on icons in Xfce.  From
> what I understand, Xfce is using the freekdesktop.org icon framework.
> I have installed the "hicolor" theme from freekdesktop.org.  If I want
> to increase the number of icons on my system so that the users have
> more selection to choose from when adding entries to the panel, do I
> need to download Xfce specific icon themes, or do I go to something
> like http://art.gnome.org/themes/icon and download away?

Why not try it and find out? ^_~  Those should work ok, though be aware
that there is no standard for the icon names, so Xfce things may in some
areas be expecting icons for particular categories that the particular
theme doesn't provide, or provides under a different file name.  No way
around this really, unless you want to start symlinking.

    -brian