xfce4.2 freezes

Stephen Kúhn stephen.kuhn at optusnet.com.au
Mon Feb 21 06:29:40 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 16:20, Scott Horowitz wrote:
> I've still gotten nowhere with this. Running xfce as root gives the same
> result. Even if I just try to run xfce4-panel from a console in fluxbox
> everything freezes up, and neither ctrl-alt-backspace or ctrl-alt-f1 do
> anything. I tried having top running before I call xfce4-panel but that
> wasn't any help.
>
> I'm really out of ideas at this point. Nobody has any suggestions about
> troubleshooting this? I suppose I can try compiling from source as a
> last resort..
>
> Scott

Last time I had a "freeze" I ended up renaming my ~/.cache, ~/.config,
~/.gtk* files, renaming my ~/.gconf* dirs and my ~/.xfce4 dir, then
trying again - worked the way it was 'spose to...

Just a thought.
(Oh...and I double checked my /etc/ld.so.conf and re-ran ldconfig)

--
stephen kuhn
mobile: 0410-728-389