panel: main menu missing

Ondrej Mihalyi mihalyi at matfyz.cz
Mon Feb 14 23:44:51 CET 2005

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:00:48 -0500
Angelina Carlton <brat at magma.ca> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 08:32:14PM +0100, Ondrej Mihalyi wrote:
> > AFAIK, debian uses xfce4.0.6 in testing/unstable and I know that in 4.0.6,
> > there was no menu button in xfce-panel, so the only thing to get this feature
> > is to upgrade to 4.2.0, for example from oscillation.org repositories:
> >
> > deb http://www.os-works.com/debian unstable main
> > deb-src http://www.os-works.com/debian unstable main
> >
> > testing instead of unstable probably works also
>
> Ah ok, I didn't like to use those sources because on the site they don't
> list anything for unstable, they tell you to use pinning and testing.
>
> from their site:
>
> >We don't test these packages on Debian unstable (sid), but it is
> >likely that they work with unstable as well

I can assure you, that most of the time those packages work on my unstable debian system, just one discrepancy since installing it happened to me today when I upgraded and that is I had to remove one panel plugin due to bad dependancies and I believe it will correct during future upgrades

Another option for you is to use orginal xfce4.2 installer that compiles everything for you with the ease of slicing a butter ;)   or at least that's what web site reads...

Ondrej