X keyboard setting (possible solution)

jan goplay at quick.cz
Mon Feb 14 09:34:18 CET 2005

Hello!

I'm using keyboard layouts from within X as follows:

Section "InputDevice"

    Identifier  "Keyboard1"
    Driver      "kbd"
    Option      "XkbModel"      "pc104"
    Option      "XkbLayout"     "us,sk_qwerty"
    Option      "XkbOptions" "grp:lwin_toggle"
    Option      "XkbOptions" "alt:leftaltismeta"
EndSection

With above one can switch layouts using left "windows" key. I found it
pretty usefull :)

Just change XkbLayout to suit your needs. All layouts are stored in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/symbols.

ciao
Jan