Preferred Applications

Pasi Orovuo pasi.ov at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 10:50:40 CET 2005

For Thunderbird add (or modify) following lines in
~/.thunderbird/<default profile>/prefs.js

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.ftp", "firefox");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "firefox");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.https", "firefox");

The default profile is the random folder name generated by TB. Replace
"firefox" with your preferred browser.

Regards,
Pasi

P.S. I think there was a gui method to achieve this, but I fail to
recall how it was done. Modifying prefs.js manually should do the job
though.