Random Problems opening Matlab (Java based GUI)

Xavier Otazu xotazu at cvc.uab.es
Tue Feb 8 19:43:58 CET 2005

	Hi:

> 1) The problem shows in Xfce
> 2) killall xfwm4 && metacity &
> 3) Does it still show? If no, then Matlab has a problem with xfwm4,
> otherwise, it's something else.

	I am sorry, but I don't understand it. If you kill xfwm4 and problem disappear,
why it means that Matlab has a problem with xfwm4? If problem dissapear there
are two plausible explanations:

	1) The problem is in Matlab, which has a problem with xfwm4.
	2) The problem is in xfwm4, which has a problem with Matlab.

	To eliminate explanation 2) means that we accept the assumption that xfwm4 is
perfect, i.e. it has no problem. Can we assure this?

cheers

Xavier