How to avoid duplicate entries in desktop system menu?

Christian =?utf-8?Q?V=2E_J=2E_Br=FCssow?= cvjb at cvjb.de
Sat Feb 5 19:00:58 CET 2005

Hi,

I have noticed, that some programs have duplicate entries in the desktop menu.

E.g. I'm using Debian (testing), and qalculate (a desktop calculator)
has two entries in the desktop menu, both in the Utilities submenu. I
have noticed, that this program has a .desktop file in
/usr/share/applications/ and one in /usr/share/applnk/Utilities/.
But, the OpenOffice programs have that, too, and there is only one
entry per program in the Office submenu.

I'm just curious, how does this come?

Greetings,

Christian