xfdesktop and xplanet

Fridtjof Busse fbusse at gmx.de
Wed Feb 2 22:06:51 CET 2005

Hi
I'm quite new to xfce4 but I like it very much already :)
But I have a problem with XFCE 4.2.0: I want to run xplanet, which won't
work if xfdesktop is running at the same time.
But my changes to /etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc won't change anything (I
commented xfdesktop and added the xplanet startup). No xplanet after
startup and still xfdesktop. I'm using startxfce4 in .xsession, but none
of what i put in /etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc seems to be executed.
My editing of /etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc to change Desktop to a
hidden folder also did nothing, am I assuming the wrong file?

Where's my mistake (~/.config/xfce4/xinitrc is identical to the one
in /etc/xdg and no ~/.xfce4) and is there any better way to run xplanet?
Saving the session won't work since xplanet looses connection.
Thanks.

--
Fridtjof Busse
BOFH Excuse #192: