I would like my desktop back?

Erik Peterson erik.exists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 06:43:35 CET 2005

Sorry, I am back.

OK I fixed it sort of.  Launched xfdesktop form the CLI and i get the
desktop and menus back but i get the error

*** attempt to put segment in horiz list twice

printed down the  terminal screen for a very long time.  Of course if
I close the terminal window I loose the menu but the desktop image
remains.  I know the "xfdesktop &" should return control of the window
and run fxdesktop in the background but the error prevents this.  I of
course could just save/logout with the console running but this seems
less than ideal

thoughts?

Thank you all, agian

Erik