panel app "notes" possible bug?

Christian V. J. Bruessow cvjb at cvjb.de
Tue Feb 1 15:24:43 CET 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 07:31:58AM -0500, Andrew Conkling wrote:
>On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 20:08 -0800, Linux Tard wrote:
>> When you install that plugin you see the graphic file
>> in source code.  Find that file, delete it, move yours
>> there and name it that original file name.
>>
>> Please report back if work in 4.2
>
>Hacking the source is hardly a viable workaround; you used to be able to
>select a graphic through the plugin preferences window.  Please refer to
>the bug I reported further up in this thread.

I fully agree with that...

...but for a quick (and dirty) solution, you don't have to make the
changes in the sources. Replace the original icon (for me that is
/usr/share/xfce4/notes/note.png) with the one desired, restart the
panel, and the plugin will show the new icon.

>If others and I are mistaken, that is the best place to say so, so that
>the bug can quickly be squashed.

ACK, agagin :-)

Have a nice day,

Christian