Building SVN problem

Bob Snyder bob.snyder at cox.net
Tue Dec 27 21:02:57 CET 2005

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

>Bob Snyder schreef:
>

>>I am building the latest SVN and it was going smooth until I got to
>>xfce4-panel and I got this:
>>
>>checking for libxfce4util-1.0 >= 4.3.0... found, but
>>*** The required package libxfce4util-1.0 was found on your system,
>>*** but the installed version () is too old.
>>*** Please upgrade libxfce4util-1.0 to atleast version 4.3.0, or adjust
>>*** the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you installed
>>*** the new version of the package in a nonstandard prefix so
>>*** pkg-config is able to find it.
>>
>>But I just installed libxfce4util from SVN following the build order
>>from the online docs.
>>

>Could you check the version of libxfce4util? I have this:
>
>  $ pkg-config --modversion libxfce4util-1.0
>4.3.0svn-r18828
>
>Perhaps there is an old version of the library installed in a different
>location?

Thanks Eric and Jasper.

Yes, that was it. I am installing in /usr/local, and I had an original
slackware package (in /usr) which I uninstalled and started over. But
now I have more problems.

The panel apparently installed fine now, but when I build xfce4-toys and
xfce4-trigger-launcher, I get this:

checking for xfce4-panel-1.0 >= 4.2.0... not found
*** The required package xfce4-panel-1.0 was not found on your system.
*** Please install xfce4-panel-1.0 (atleast version 4.2.0) or adjust
*** the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
*** installed the package in a nonstandard prefix so that
*** pkg-config is able to find it.

xfce4-panel-1.0.pc doesn't exist in either /usr/lib/pkgconfig or
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig (or anywhere else). I'm getting more confused!

Bob S.