Feature request: maximize horz/vert

Don Christensen djc at cisco.com
Wed Dec 21 23:34:50 CET 2005

Scott Jones wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 December 2005 14:03, Don Christensen wrote:
>

>>So, I would like to propose this as a feature in xfwm4 at some
>>point in the future.  It seems like it would be simple enough
>>as to not add any bloat (assuming a decent UI can be arrived
>>at).
>

> It's already there.  From the manual:
>
> To maximize a window vertically :
>
> *middle-click the maximize button of the title bar
> *use Alt + F6 keyboard shortcut
>
> To maximize a window horizontally :
>
> *right-click the maximize button of the title bar
> *use Alt + F7 keyboard shortcut

Um, thanks.  I guess I should have looked more closely at the
docs.  In my defense, I did check to see if the middle/right
click on the maximize icon worked, but I forgot that I was in
a vncviewer window.  It did not work there (nor do the keyboard
shortcuts, since the local xfwm4 gets those) but I am happy to
say that both do work on "normal" windows in 4.2.3.2.  I'll
have to play around some to see if I can get them working under
VNC.

Thanks for the replies, and in the immortal words of
Rosanne Rosanadana: "Nevermind!"

-Don

--
Don Christensen       Senior Software Development Engineer
djc at cisco.com         Cisco Systems, Santa Cruz, CA