Which file manager?

Andrew Conkling andrew.conkling at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 22:42:58 CET 2005

On 12/21/05, Seth Williamson <orthodox at ntelos.net> wrote:
> I am confused, however, by which is supposed to be the "official" file
> manager for xfce4.  From reading the docs, I get the impression that
> it's supposed to be xffm.  But when you click on the Menu and choose
> file manager, what comes up seems to be rox.
>
> Just wondering which is supposed to be the one that xfce4 prefers.

Well, I've been using GNOME's nautilus, but since I'm using Xfce from
SVN, I've recently been using Thunar a bit more.  It's a lot like
Nautilus, but without a slew of dependencies.  It will be available
for Xfce 4.4, so it's not really a recommendation yet, but I just
wanted to put the bug in your ear. :)

--
http://aconkling.blogspot.com