Feature request: maximize horz/vert

Don Christensen djc at cisco.com
Wed Dec 21 21:03:47 CET 2005

Devs (mostly Olivier, I guess),

There was some WM I used in the past (don't recall which) that
had a way to maximize a window in just the horizontal or vertical
directions.  This was particularly useful to me for exanding a
terminal or Xemacs window to the full height of the screen.

I don't remember how the expansion was triggered.  There may
have been buttons in the title bar, or there may have been
modifier keys for the standard maximize button.  Come to
think of it, it's possible that the mouse buttons triggered
different behavior when clicking the maximize icon (ie,
middle button for horizontal, right for vertical, left for
both).

So, I would like to propose this as a feature in xfwm4 at some
point in the future.  It seems like it would be simple enough
as to not add any bloat (assuming a decent UI can be arrived
at).

Thanks,
-Don

--
Don Christensen       Senior Software Development Engineer
djc at cisco.com         Cisco Systems, Santa Cruz, CA