Bugzilla slightly confusing

Paul Tansom paul at aptanet.com
Mon Dec 12 23:31:00 CET 2005

** Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu> [2005-12-12 20:14]:
> On 12/12/2005 12:04 PM, Paul Tansom wrote:
> > OK, I've just filed a bug on http://bugzilla.xfce.org after a quick
> > check through to see if there were any similar bugs. There weren't based
> > on my search using the drop down selection of Terminal. That's from
> > http://bugzilla.xfce.org and choosing search at the bottom of the page.
> >
> > After filing the bug I find myself on a Common Xfce Queries page
> > (http://bugzilla.xfce.org/common_queries.cgi) and check to see if my bug
> > is there. This has a different list of options for assigning bugs to and
> > in this list is xfce4-terminal and on that search I find a matching bug,
> > but there is no sign of mine - in fact there seem to be a different list
> > of bugs!
> >
> > So xfce4-terminal is a symlink to Terminal,
>
> No.  As stated elsewhere, xfce4-terminal and Terminal are two separate
> things.  Terminal is not included on the common queries page because it
> is in a separate project and not an official part of Xfce.  (By that
> token, xfce4-terminal shouldn't be in the list either, but I set that up
> a long time ago when such issues weren't quite clear.)  At present, you
> cannot use the common queries page to search for anything outside the
> 'Xfce' product.
** end quote [Brian J. Tarricone]

Yup, got that thanks. Unfortunately the emails in my other thread
referencing this came in while I was writing the start of this thread -
otherwise I would have saved a few posts to the list! I read them
immediately after hitting send and, having considered the 'if only I'd
been a little slower' factor, considered replying to my own post. I got
side tracked onto other things though.

Thanks for the polite and patient corrections though. Sometimes anyone
can feel like a newbie :) I've been using computers for 25 years,
working with them for 16, using Linux for 10, Debian for 6 and XFCE for
just over 2 - and there's still sooo much to learn!

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com