Not showing things in the taskbar

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Sat Dec 10 02:26:28 CET 2005

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 11:54:59PM +0100, Gina Haeussge wrote:
> You might want to take a look at Devil's Pie [1]. It is a small tool
> taking care of such things. I must warn you though, the documentation is
> a bit sparse at the moment, as the tool was completely rewritten some
> versions ago, and the new syntax of the configuration has yet to be
> documented. I found out everything I needed taking a look at the source
> though.

Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for. A sample file would be nice and
also in the future the fact that more then one line is to be read. :-)

Some extra info for thos who would like to try it:
There is just one thing missing: skip_mouse or skip_focus so the program
does not get any focus and is 100% pure background, unless e.g. when using
[CTRL][SHIFT][Mouse]

Now I have for my `tail -f ...` the following:
(if (matches (window_name) "tail") (begin below undecorate skip_pager
pin))

I use aterm and that runs as folows:
aterm -tr -txttype andReverse -tinttype orInverted -tint Cyan -geometry
80x80 -trsb -name tail

The command the run is `tail -f /var/log/warn|ccze` ccze¹ is a program
that gives colour to your tail.

¹ http://freshmeat.net/projects/ccze/
houghi
--
Stop searching.  Happiness is right next to you.  Now, if they'd only
take a bath ...