question - login panel session selection

Fabian Nowak timystery at arcor.de
Tue Dec 6 21:27:38 CET 2005

what about looking into the .desktop file? there's a name in it and
whatever you might name any desktop files in /usr/share/xsessions (!) or
the like, it will display the session name found inside the .desktop
file in the chooser.

so, you will have to move it to some backup dir or simply remove it.

as said, try to locate gnome.desktop, locating xfce*.desktoip might also
show you alternative directories where gdm sessio files are stored.

concerning the failsafe (!) session, i think there was an entry in
gdm.conf? or any xdm config file?