Soundcard problem

Miguel Angel Sandria Arévalo miguel.sandria at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 17:18:32 CEST 2005

Hi all:

Actually I have installed in the same machine (Athlon, integrated soundcard)
XFCE and KDE...

My problem is this:

KDE detects and enables my sound card, but xfce doesn't, I have to use
kcontrol in order to activate my soundcard in XFCE, this is annoying!!

Somebody have a clue?

As a note, XFCE Live CD detects (at startup) my soundcard, but when I use
(in both situations, live cd and hd installed xfce) xfce mixer, there is no
sound system running.

Best regards..

P.S. : English is NOT my first language (I'm from MEXICO) maybe my English
is too poor, hope you understand my message.