Slow firefox

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 18:34:56 CEST 2005

On 8/26/05, Filip Ruymen <filip.ruymen at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I use firefox in xfce4, and I open some links in page in new
> tabs, everytime when I click on "Open in new tab" firefox just seems
> to hang, it doesn't respond to anything for 2 seconds which is utterly
> annoying.
>
> This doesn't happen in other Window Managers (I tried KDE and gnome).

I don't see this behaviour here. It's hard to imagine it being desktop
related (firefox is fairly stand alone, except for opening downloaded
files).

> Any reason why this is happening?

Not that I can see.

> As distro I'm using Ubuntu 5.04

Perhaps you should try an Ubuntu specific list? Ubuntu is known for
running patched components, it is very possible that this behaviour is
specific to that environment.

> Kind regards
> Filip

"This brings me back to a time where I had no worries.
All I needed to do was watch Perfect Strangers."
-Erik