Unable to launch applications using panel.

Colin Alie calie at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Aug 25 15:40:11 CEST 2005

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 20:30:34 +0200
Gerald Barre <g.barre at free.fr> wrote:

> Le Wed, 24 Aug 2005 10:56:03 -0700
> "Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 at cornell.edu> s'exprimait:
>

> > Colin Alie wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm using Debian Sarge which comes with xfce4 4.0.5.
> >
> > The 4.0 series is not being actively maintained any longer (4.2 has
> been
> > out for over 8 months!).  It's unlikely your problem will be fixed,
> > unless it appears in 4.2 as well.  Please update; there are debian
> > packages available in either testing or experimental (don't remember
> > which; I'm sure a debian user on this list can remind me).
>

> Just put those lines in your /etc/apt/sources.list :
>
> deb http://www.os-works.com/debian testing main
> deb-src http://www.os-works.com/debian testing main

I'm apprehensive about using non-official repositories for packages which exist within the main debian release.  I have a feeling that every additional line somewhat decreases my overall system stability, something that I prize highly (which explains why I use Debian `stable').  I guess what I'll do is install version 4.2 on a spare machine and monitor it for the symptoms that I'm now experiencing.  If the problem persists in the latest release then I guess I'll try to inform the right people.

Until next time, Colin.