The weather apps/plugins

Chris Green chris at areti.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 10:01:03 CEST 2005

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 11:33:25PM +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> Chris Green wrote:

> >>Fix your MUA config then. You're explicitly listed in Reply-To:, and so
> >>other MUAs will explicitly include you in replies.
> >>

> > Surely they will only "explicitly include you in replies" if the user
> > uses the 'group reply' command which seems to me to be the wrong thing
> > to do.  I've had this argument before!  :-)
>
> I thought you only needed to set Reply-To if you want to receive replies to
> an address other than the one you're sending from.

Exactly!  :-)    That's what I use it for, I don't want replies sent
to my From: address. Its a spam avoidance measure, replies (other than
mailing list mail which is sorted out by procmail) to chris at areti.co.uk
end up in a junk folder.  Replies to my Reply-to: address get to a
mailbox which I read regularly.

I.e. I'm using Reply-To: exactly for the purpose for which it was
designed.

Anyway, as I said, I'll live with it and add some cleverness to mutt
to not set Reply-To: when I'm posting to this list.

Note that anyone who does set Reply-To: because they want to receive
mail in two places won't get two copies when I post to the list!  :-)

--
Chris Green (chris at areti.co.uk)

    "Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."