Change resolution on console

Markus Plessing plessing at ems-wuensche.com
Tue Aug 23 11:12:37 CEST 2005

Hi *,

The resolution-changer accessible through xfce-settings-show/Display
has been used to test different resolutions.

This worked perfectly for me at work, but now I tried this manager at
home and found that my screen won't work with the selected resolution.
It goes black and alerts not supported settings for the display.

This behaviour now keeps me away from using xfce as my default
desktop manager.

Therefore I searched for hours now to find the location of the
config-file the display-settings, made with xfce-settings-show/Display,
are stored to change this settings back to working values on console.

But, as you may guess, my searches stayed inconclusive.

I'm using Xfce 4, Version 4.2.2 on a debian-testing machine

Your help will be appreciated :-)

Yours,

Markus Plessing

EMS Dr. Thomas Wuensche