Logging into and out of XFCE

Kevin Somervill ksomervi at brokenlogo.com
Tue Aug 23 01:11:24 CEST 2005

Bob Goodwin wrote:

> "build the session manager?"    How do I do that?  I'd like to kill the
> confirmation button too.

Well, the same way you built xfce, if you built it.  If you installed
from binary , you may already have it.  Try xfce4-session at the command
line and if you don't get a command not found, you're in business. If
you did build from source, cd to the xfce build dir and then to
xfce-session source directory.  ./configure ... install and away you go.
Then you can start xfce with startxfce4 script which uses the session
manager.  Once session manager is running, you can use it to control the
confirmation prompt.  As Andrew Conkling wrote:

 >>>Session Manager settings, General tab

Found in the desktop context menu. To make CTRL-ALT-DEL the shortcut to
logout, assign it to xfce4-session-logout.

Hopefully this isn't the blind leading the blind.
./ks