How to remove title bar on selected applications?

Chris Green chris at areti.co.uk
Mon Aug 22 09:54:58 CEST 2005

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 03:41:16PM -0700, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> Chris Green wrote:
> > Is it possible with xfce to run some applications with no title bar
> > etc.?  It's possible in CDE and I want to run a clock application on
> > my xfce desktop in the same way that I do on CDE, it looks silly with
> > a title and buttons etc. which are much too large for the size of the
> > clock.
>
> The application itself needs to request that the WM not put window
> decorations on the window.  Not sure, but something like wmctrl or
> devilspie might let you do that without hacking the app itself.

Ah, since I have totally re-written the application myself I can quite
happily dive in and get it to request no window decorations.  Can you
(or anyone else) point me at the required X library (presumably)
functions to use to do this please.

--
Chris Green (chris at areti.co.uk)

    "Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."