ANNOUNCE: xffm-4.3.3 released

Mr Machine machinehasnoagenda at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 22:18:21 CEST 2005

Edscott Wilson Garcia wrote:
> El mar, 16-08-2005 a las 09:20 -0600, Myles Green escribió:
>
>>On Tue, 2005-16-08 at 09:15 -0500, Edscott Wilson Garcia wrote:
>>
>>>If you drag files to $HOME/Desktop can you see the corresponding icons
>>>on the desktop?
>>
>>Not unless I kill the existing xffm-deskview process and restart it but
>>then, like I say, upon exiting Xfce4 and then restarting they don't show
>>without restarting xffm-desview again. So it looks to me like
>>xffm-deskview does not check $HOME/Desktop when started via the session
>>manager. Does that make any sense ??

this is *exactly* what is happening to me ... i can get the icons there
if i kill desk-view and restart it, but it doesn't keep them there when
logging out/in. the way myles describes it is the only way to see dnd'd
icons on the desktop.

> It would make sense if only newly dropped icons do not appear. It rather
> seems like g_get_home_dir() is not working when xffm-deskview is started
> via the session manager. If you right click on one of the icons that
> does appear, and select "rearrange icons", do the missing icons show?

no, but they line up all neat-like ....

i'm just about to rebuild with debug enabled. (oh, and by the way ...
all my xfce4 programs and processes are being run as the same user -
mrmachine).

shayne